CHANEL has created the Soho Store makeup collection to celebrate the reopening of the Soho boutique. The boutique is located in one of Manhattan’s trendiest neighborhoods which inspires a decidedly modern palette of nudes and pinks, as well as cult-worthy steel-greys. Translated to plain english…“It’s absolutely drool-worthy!”
MEDIEVAL by Lipstick Queen got me all excited…in more than one way…
The lipstick comes packed in a simple light weight red metal casing with a image of a naked lady on cardboard backing and encased in plastic casing. It was my first time seeing a naked lady on beauty products, but the image is quite reminiscence of medieval times. But the packaging did feel a bit cheap to me…
CHANEL Rouge Cocos was featured in an article in the 2010 April edition of Her World, a local magazine in Singapore. In the article, Mr Peter Philips specifically recommended the best shades of rouge cocos for Asian skin and gave his thoughts on the new range.
Product Description from Becca:
“BECCA Beach Tint is a beautifully blendable crème stain for cheeks and lips that suits all skin types. Kiss-proof and water-resistant, it dries to a perfect, streak-free, non-greasy and non-drying finish. Each shade is deliciously scented in its synonymous name. 2-in-1 crème stain for cheeks and lips. Deliciously scented. Oil Free, Streak Free, and Water-proof. Contains anti-oxidant vitamin E. Preservative and paraben-free.”
- £19.00 for 7ml./0.24 fl oz tube
- Metal tube with screw cap.
- Be aware that the product has a tendency to ooze out if the tube has been compressed.
- Note: I have read of people having problems with the plastic tube breaking but i havent experienced this and I bought my first tube back in 2006
- 3 shades
- Watermelon – a pinkish shade – This is a cool toned pink
- Peach – a peachy shade
- Raspberry - a cherry red shade (New release. Been waiting for this since I tried the watermelon tint back in 2006!)
- Texture : A runny slightly liquidity texture. Has a tendency to have colourless oily liquid coming out if you don’t give the tube a shade first. Blends like a dream on the cheeks. However, i felt that on my lips, it had a waxy feeling on. It did feel much better once i put lipgloss over it (as per sa’s suggestions).
- Coverage: Flexible depending on how much you use on application – you can get full or sheer pigmented colour.
- Moisturising: Good moisturising properties – no chapping or drying of lips.
- Scent /taste : A synthetic sweet watermelon/raspberry fragrance. Has a waxy taste.
- Lasting Power: Amazing!! Tested the lasting power of this product on a 7hour flight. Because of limitations to carry – on, I used this for my cheeks n lips 2 hours before the flight. After the 7 hour flight, my cheek and lip makeup still looked fresh as if i had just put it on (even with all the eating & drinking on board).
- Build-ability: Excellent!! I can use this on top of my TM/ sunblock/ liquid foundation and powder or powder foundations and even a powdered bronzer with no streaking or balling up. No problems with building up the colour either but its best to go slowly and lightly cos a tiny amount really goes a long way and its easy to go OTT. I can layer lip balm or glosses over this too!
There are no shimmers in the product…so it looks really natural on. Blends well on cheeks so it looks like your lovely “flush” comes from within. The product gives a nice pinkish shade on the lips. Product didnt dry out my lips or cause any block pores for the cheeks at all!
Highly recommended for a natural look and its multi-purpose functions!
- For use on cheeks.
- For use on lips.
- For use on occasions when one requires long lasting makeup.
- For use on occasions when one does not have access to brushes.
- Excellent for travelling – Helps lighten weight of bag when travelling cos of its multi-purpose usage and its packaging is lightweight and durable.
Hope this helps!
Image from beccacosmetics.com
Ever hear of this brand – B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful? It is the sister brand to Lush. Lush specialises in skincare, haircare and bath products but BNTBBTBB (sorry…its name is way too long!) specialises in makeup!! I was told by their sa that all products are suitable for vegans and mirrors Lush’s idea of using natural ingredients for their products.
I have not personally tried any of their stuff but I did test-drive their fragrances and played with their glitter – loose Face and Body Glitter and Metallic Loose Powder when I was in store…gorgeous!! The loose glitter is slightly chunky but the loose metallic powder are gorgeous!! These come in pretty carved wooden jars and their fragrances all came in vintage bottles and because its vintage, not every bottle is the same. This idea of different packaging remains true for their other products…the same shade of lipgloss or eyeshadow would come in an array of different gorgeous beaded casings! So besides choosing the shade you want, you also get to choose the casing!! The idea is to turn makeup into a hobby…making each product collectible…apparently each beaded casing is hand made in India!
Their products are available at B Never To Busy To Be Beautiful . There are only 3 stores in UK right now, two in London- Convent Garden and Oxford Street – and one in Leeds. I do believe they ship international in case anyone is lemming for these…oh…am sure you can find these in Japan…apparently the Japanese ladies absolutely love their stuff.
I have uploaded photos of their products taken from their websites…they wouldn’t allow any photographs to be taken in store!! Am not too sure if the pictures are accurate colour wise…but I must admit their packaging looks sooo pretty!!
Main Picture is their foundation.
Right column, Top to Bottom – Cream blusher, powder blusher and face powder with face brush.
Their face powders, blushes (cream and powder) and face powder all come in refills…so dont forget to choose a gorgeous casing right at the beginning!!
Main Picture is their Eye Kohl.
Right column, Top to Bottom – Pressed eyeshadow, Metallic Loose Powder and Loose Glitter Pots (Face and Body Glitter)
More pictures of their pressed eyeshadow…note the different casing designs!!
More pictures of their glitter products…the smaller pictures are the glitter for face and body while the pictures of the close up are the loose metallic powders…if you want glitter, shimmer, sparkles…this are an absolutely must have for you!!! Havent convinced you yet? How about these…
The full range of loose glitter for face and body…not good enough you say?? Would these help??
The entire range of Loose Metallic Powder…
Main image is their Lip Stain – reminds me of what those ladies use in those period/wuxia dramas!!
See those gold things inside the pretty casing?? Apparently its gold foil!!
Has anyone tried their stuff before?? Let me know what you think of them in the comments!
I hope you enjoyed drooling over the pictures!!
Images from https://www.bnevertoobusytobebeautiful.com/