CHANEL markets her ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE as the ideal weapon of ultimate seduction that gives the lips an even more dressed-up style. This little jewel in black lacquered glass conceals an artist’s brush applicator, the secret weapon of precision for perfectly defined lips. ROUGE ALLURE LAQUE offers a new, elegant beauty gesture. It combines the easy application of a gloss with the makeup finish of a lipstick. A brilliantly stylised signature for the lips. Its light, creamy texture, filled with soft focus coated pigments, coats lips in intense colour and lacquered shine. A botanical jelling agent provides perfect hold, while Jojoba oil extract ensures extreme comfort
- £23 for 6ml
- Heavy black glossy tube – its make of glass (be careful, you need to babe this…a small bit has chipped off the side of my tube!) with small print of “chanel” in white on one side.
- Top of with gold cap that has the inter-locking “C”.
- Sponge tip applicator.
- 8 Shades
- For colour descriptions and swatches, please see – Chanel Rouge Allure Laque – updates
- Sun Protection Factor: Dont think there is any.
- Texture-wise: creamy and soft so that it spreads easily on the lips! Feels lightweight on lips…non sticky/gloopy.
- Coverage: Pigmented. Depending on your application, it can turn out sheer or full coverage.
- Scent/taste: Slight flowery scent. No taste.
- Moisturising: Fairly hydrating – reapplied 3 times in a day (as a test) and lips were fine – no cracking or peeling.
- Lasting power: Quite long lasting – after lunch I still had lipstick on!
- When I first saw this, thought it would give me the same effect as Guerlain Kisskiss Laque or Dior Creme de gloss.
- It actually isnt like a gloss …this feels like a creamy lipstick.
- It is a fairly pigmented long lasting and hydrating lipstick.
- Depending on application – you can get a sheer coverage or heavy coverage resulting in a wet satin finish.
I usually try and keep my “Verdicts” short and to the point, like buy…. highly recommended…so readers in a rush can skip right to this section… but this Rouge Laque threw me off balance…so bear with this longer verdict…
Initially, when I first saw this, I was utterly head over heels in love with the packaging…I am all for BLACK casing…please see – My Lipstick Obsession … The Hunt for The Perfect Red…But when I opened it…it just didnt wow me… I dont know…perhaps because I was bias with the applicator? I much prefer application from a solid lipstick in a tube.
After application…it further didnt wow me…it just didnt give me that OMG feeling upon application (unlike some other lipsticks I have tried like – YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick SPF 15 or Coffret D’or Lippies or Becca’s Sheer Tint Lip Colour – but thats another story…and another post :lol:). I think it might have to do with the shade I purchase as well. I wanted Ming but the sa persuaded me to purchase Phoenix…said I needed some colour but upon application…I think it was too much colour…its a rose shade…if you are familiar with Japanese cosmetic lines, this would be in RS category…
I was all ready to write off this purchase ( boo… since its a very expensive one)…but because of this review…I kept using my Rouge Allure Laque…and I think I am slowly starting to fall in love…
I realised the foam applicator allows me to control application better so I get perfectly shaped lips when I use my Rouge Allure Laque…and I do so love the look of my lips whenever I check myself in the mirror…there’s a very gorgeous satiny effect…there’s no glitter or obvious glossy look but a sorta very discreet wet shine to my lips…making them look perfectly shaped, extremely kissable, plump rosebud lips…in other words, it kinda makes me want to kiss my own reflection… 😆
Oh yah…in case you are still wondering…BUY!
Hope this helps!
Image & Product Description from Chanel.com