Dior has created a gorgeous Holiday Collection. Read on for my thoughts on the Cristal Boreale Holiday 2009 Collection.
Dazzle for the holidays with a jewel-toned collection of shimmering pinks, violets and silvers inspired by Dior’s own legendary jewel designs. The star product of this collection is the Cristal Boreale Gloss Pendent…For its very first partnership with the Swarovski House, Christian Dior Parfums adorns its new Star Product with the Aurora Borealis crystal, with unique multi-coloured reflections. A true make-up jewel, Cristal Boréal contains a crystal-effect gloss for precious iridescent lips.
The Aurora Borealis crystal: In the mid-1950s, Christian Dior asked Swarovski to create a crystal that would shoot light beans in all directions like the reflection of sunrays in the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles. The Aurora Borealis crystal was born…
– Cristal Boreal Gloss Pendant ~ Comes in 2 shades. One that looks like a clear gloss with loads of shimmer and a shimmery pale pink. When tested, both shades were basically clear shimmer on my pigmented lips. Quite disappointed in the product but the casing sure is pretty!
– 5-Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow in Smoky Cristal #089 (left picture) and #169 (right picture) ~ If you are looking for a smokey look, might i suggest #089 – it contains a gorgeous collection of greys and a purple to give a punch. #169 – a combination of pale lilacs which creates a much softer lilac look, it’s perhaps better suited to a Spring look instead.
– Dior Vernis in Silver Purple #782 (left picture) and #162 Ballet Pink (right picture) ~ To me, the nail polish in silver purple is the star of this collection! It is a gorgeous shimmery purplish grey which unfortunately was totally sold out! 😦 Ballet pink #162 is a shimmery pale pink – gives a very pretty natural look but probably easily duplicated.
The other collection I spotted at the Dior counter for the holidays are a set of lip palettes, eye palettes and a travel palette. They come in black patent which features signature cannage stitching and a silver ‘D’ hardware.
– Delux Travel Palette ~ six eyeshadows, a DiorBlush, an allover face highlighter and deluxe miniatures of Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect in Organdi Pink 257 and Diorshow Iconic Mascara in Black 090. The eyeshadows would create a neutral/ natural look – shimmery pale cream + shimmery brown, shimmery pale pink + shimmery taupe with purple tones and shimmery white + shimmery grey. A lovely pinkish blush and pink lipgloss. I first thought the palette came with either a pressed powder/ foundation which was too yellow for me but the product description calls it an allover face highlighter. A good palette to invest in because the colour combination is great and the set is very versatile!
– Eyeshadow Palette ~ Contains very wearable shades that would create the neutral / natural look. All shades shimmer – chocolate shade, pale pink, a bronze brown shade and a pale cream. Great for office looks!
– Lip Palette ~ Again a very wearable lip palette with gorgeous shades of pink to a red- brown. Another perfect palette for office looks.
– Mini Brush Set ~ Black patent clutch features signature cannage stitching and silver ‘D’ hardware along with four travel-size versions of Dior’s best-selling brushes (foundation, powder foundation, eyeshadow and lip)
This is a really gorgeous collection if you are into smokey greys and purples. The must buy item is the nail polish! What do you think of this collection and what items did you purchase? Please share!
If interested in purchasing this collection, please click – Dior Holiday Collection
If interested in colour swatches, please check Karla’s Blog – Dior Holiday Cristal Boreale
Images from iswii.net, nordstrom.com